Wednesday 26 October 2011

P@RT1C!P@T!0N 1N OCCUP@T!0N TWO - PRACTICAL CONSIDERATIONS

Activity account on 15.10.2011

Today I learnt one of my all time favourite songs which is 'Hero of war' by Rise against, my favourite band presently. It gave me huge joy to sit and learn this song, and play tunes to match the song in my itunes. I've held off learning this song previously because it has many chords and cold prove difficult, but I gave it a go, and I got to the first chorus in an hour, and had verse 1 nailed. I plan to finish the song in my next activity engagement for the conclusion of these postings. But for today, while I played, I focused on what was needed in order for me to play, and why I need them, which made focus on why I need my guitar. What I found is as follows:

Bits and Peices:

Some of the things that are essential to my guitar playing are as follows:
  • Guitar
  • pick
  • correct strings
  • tuner
  • chords and notes
  • capo
Those are the main bits and peices I would expect anybody to have a hold of when picking up a guitar to play it. Other considerations that would need to be made is a practical place in which to play. Firstly, you can just play anywhere, but being considerate to others is key. I mostly play in my room while practising, so that not everyone has to listen when I mess up. I've also found it is an essential part of playing the guitar to practise often enough to form calluses on your fingertips, that way you get a much cleaner sound from your chords, because you can press down so much harder.

The main consideration I would say is the toughest for me is money. I didn't buy the guitar itself, but I paid for the capo and for the strings, and a set of replacement strings because the break often, which shows the need for ongoing costs. Being a student, that can be quite a big deal for me.

Why I need my guitar:

This is an occupation I would never give up, simply because it brings me such joy. This is the occupation I definitely share the most passion for and will for the rest of my life. A part from the considerations of WHAT is needed, I focus primarily on NEEDING to need it. My guitar is a part of me, so that would be the biggest practical consideration for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment